Magento Commerce is seeking a dynamic Head of Creative with at least 7-10 years of experience to join our Digital Marketing team. You will lead Magento’s design creative discipline, including visual brand expression initiatives, overall creative strategy, and an in-house creative team. Responsibilities will include both strategic stewardship of Magento’s cross-channel visual statements and daily management of internal stakeholder programs. You will have outstanding design and user experience instincts, with a strong digital-first orientation. Understanding of digital experiences, brand identity, and current design best practices are essential. The successful candidate will balance those elements with the business requirements of stakeholders, management, and peers in the context of both large-scale strategic initiatives and the day-to-day execution of tactics. As a central steward of the Magento brand, the Head of Creative will understand all facets of company messaging, segmentation, and GTM strategies, and ensure these are reflected in the end-product of all team outputs. The position can be based in the San Francisco Bay or Los Angeles areas. Essential Duties:
- Manage team of designers and day-to-day project management, including the prioritization, assignment, and stewardship of stakeholder requests in accordance with Marketing’s creative vision.
- Own and steward the company’s visual brand expression, including brand guidelines and creative work across all marketing and other customer-facing channels.
- Help drive the development of digital experiences across the entire Magento digital platform ecosystem, including but not limited to customer onboarding, digital campaigns, community and partners support, and events.
- Assume a leadership role in any and all efforts to update, recast, or expand the visual brand expression.
- 7-10 years experience working in a creative capacity supporting B2B technology brand or equivalent.
- 3 years experience managing design teams or the brand creative / design creative program for a technology company.
- Understanding of digital design principles including UX, conversion optimization, video strategy, and brand experience.
- Brand vision, identity, and expression principles.
- Cultivate and implement brand guidelines for the Company.
- Solid understanding of marketing functions that interact with website including AR/PR, demand generation, paid search, and social media.
- UX design tenets including personas, customer journey, targeting/segmentation, wireframing, storyboarding, conversion.
- Bachelors degree or higher.