Who We Are
Trusted by more than 240,000 businesses worldwide, Magento Commerce is the leading provider of open omnichannel innovation to retailers, brands and branded manufacturers across retail B2C and B2B industries. In addition to its flagship open source eCommerce platform, Magento Commerce boasts a strong portfolio of cloud-based omnichannel solutions empowering merchants to successfully integrate digital and physical shopping experiences. With over $50B in gross merchandise volume transacted on the platform, Magento Commerce is the dominant provider to the Internet Retailer Top 1000, counting more than double the clients to the next closest competitor, and to the Internet Retailer Hot 100. Magento Commerce is supported by a vast global network of solution and technology partners, a highly active global developer community and the largest eCommerce marketplace for extensions available for download on the Magento Marketplace.
Who You Are
Being a data analyst at Magento Business Intelligence (aka RJMetrics) is all about problem solving. If you are often driven to ask why and love explaining the answer to others, this is the perfect role for you - even if you’ve never worked with a database before. Interest in eCommerce and online technology is a given.
What You'll Do
Your top priority will be working with clients to transform their data into valuable insights. You will use your school and work experience to quickly learn the ins and outs of our software so you can help our customers understand their data and set up actionable analyses. Ultimately, you are charged with making our clients love us – and our Customer Success Team - by making their analytics accessible and understandable.
Examples of your specific responsibilities may include:
* Providing stellar customer success interactions
* Analyzing and extracting insights from large, unstructured datasets
* Helping users understand and analyze their data effectively
* Managing client data warehouses to support analysis
* Validating data replication from 3rd party sources to ensure accuracy
* Querying databases to identify causes of data discrepancy issues
* Evangelizing analysis best-practices
* Improving internal processes to maximize efficiency.
What You Will Need
This is a demanding position where only highly-motivated, self-driven candidates will excel. Qualified candidates should have 1-2 years of relevant professional experience. All applicants must possess the following qualities:
* Bachelor Degree
* Aptitude for problem solving
* Strong quantitative analysis skills
* Excellent written and spoken communication skills
* Good presentation skills
* Proficiency with a database language (e.g. SQL, MongoDB)
* Track record of learning new skills and putting them to use immediately
* Hunger for continued learning
* Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and that of the company
Things That Will Impress Us
* Experience with eCommerce, Magento Commerce, and/or Magento BI
* Knowledge of Google Analytics
* Experience with data analysis
* Customer-facing experience
Magento puts you on the cutting-edge of the commerce industry and offers many opportunities for advancement. And, as a part of our family of products and services, you’ll also gain valuable exposure to a wealth of commerce knowledge, experience, a global customer and employee base, and world-class resources.