THE COMPANY Trusted by more than 240,000 businesses worldwide, Magento Commerce is the leading provider of open omnichannel innovation to retailers, brands and branded manufacturers across retail B2C and B2B industries. In addition to its flagship open source eCommerce platform, Magento Commerce boasts a strong portfolio of cloud-based omnichannel solutions empowering merchants to successfully integrate digital and physical shopping experiences. With over $50B in gross merchandise volume transacted on the platform, Magento Commerce is the dominant provider to the Internet Retailer Top 1000, counting more than double the clients to the next closest competitor, and to the Internet Retailer Hot 100. Magento Commerce is supported by a vast global network of solution and technology partners, a highly active global developer community and the largest eCommerce marketplace for extensions available for download on the Magento Marketplace.
- Work closely with the user experience design team and product managers to come up with technical solutions to user interface problems
- Work closely with the backend engineering team to design integration APIs and data contracts relevant to the UI
- Stay abreast of latest UI technology trends and browser features
- Engage with other fronted developers within the company and help drive best practices
WORKING FOR MAGENTO Working at Magento means becoming part of one of the fastest growing commerce solutions companies on the planet. More than 240,000 merchants rely on us to fuel their growth. A career at Magento puts you on the cutting-edge of the commerce industry and offers many opportunities for advancement. And, as a part of our family of products and services, you’ll also gain valuable exposure to a wealth of commerce knowledge, experience, a global customer and employee base, and world-class resources.We’re always looking for talented people who want to help shape the future of commerce, and who believe in the power of collaboration.
- A “best idea wins" mindset
- Strong proficiency with HTML5 & CSS3
- Experience working with NodeJS, nginx, Apache, Varnish, IIS, or other web server-side technologies
- Experience working in a DevOps oriented culture (continuous integration/continuous deployment)
- Experience working with cloud computing technologies like AWS (preferred), Azure, Google, etc.
- Experience with transpiler/build/bundling tools (minifiers, Less, Sass, Babel, TypeScript, Grunt, Gulp, Broccoli etc.)
- Professional experience building single-page applications using MV* patterns
- Experience integrating with REST APIs
- Strong teaming and communication skills