THE COMPANYTrusted by more than 240,000 businesses worldwide, Magento Commerce is the leading provider of open omnichannel innovation to retailers, brands and branded manufacturers across retail B2C and B2B industries. In addition to its flagship open source eCommerce platform, Magento Commerce boasts a strong portfolio of cloud-based omnichannel solutions empowering merchants to successfully integrate digital and physical shopping experiences. With over $50B in gross merchandise volume transacted on the platform, Magento Commerce is the dominant provider to the Internet Retailer Top 1000, counting more than double the clients to the next closest competitor, and to the Internet Retailer Hot 100. Magento Commerce is supported by a vast global network of solution and technology partners, a highly active global developer community and the largest eCommerce marketplace for extensions available for download on the Magento Marketplace.
Job DescriptionWe are a growing, talented, and diverse group of software and operations engineers solving some of the most interesting and exciting challenges of software delivery and automation at scale. You should be a self-aware, self-starting individual with a well-rounded skillset; Someone who has the depth and breadth of technical knowledge to know the “right way” to develop automated processes and operate systems, while also possessing the fearlessness to propose radical new ideas. The right person for this job will pride themselves on taking responsibility for their role, but also not become too distracted by titles, because we often wear many hats and each of us must do whatever it takes to get the job done. You should have the capacity to be given a task and own it, because we loathe micro-management, and you should as well. You should be a technologist who is passionate about their work and strives for continuous improvement. This role carries with it the possibility of providing a good deal of influence on how our growing team matures as we expand our influence within the larger company. You should be a collaborative team member who is passionate about sharing the things you’ve learned as well as learning from others on the team. You might be a candidate if you:
- Are currently a seasoned devops engineer, operations engineer, cloud engineer, or full-stack developer.
- Have experience running production software.
- Have experience designing software delivery pipelines from development to production.
- Have leveraged automation, metrics, and logging to improve products and processes.
- Have an intellectual curiosity to pursue the unknown and to continuously improve.
- Follow and passionately promote quality best practices from all sides of software engineering and systems operations.
- Design, implement, and maintain solutions that contribute to the automation of code/infrastructure changes, empowering development teams to have a seamless framework to deliver the best software.
- Maintain, enhance, and ensure good health of all software delivery processes and systems.
- Actively participate in high level team activities such as architecture or process improvements.
- Can communicate effectively and work well with cross functional teams across geographic regions.
- Can analyze data to learn how to continuously improve processes and systems.
Would be a plus:
- 5+ years of experience working on delivering and operating software as a DevOps Engineer, Operations Engineer or Software Engineer, or Cloud Engineer.
- Experience working with cloud based infrastructures and designing applications for the cloud.
- Experience using/implementing CI/CD frameworks
- Application deployment pipelines (such as Jenkins pipeline)
- Infrastructure provisioning tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Vagrant, Packer, Terraform, Cloud Formation)
- Good understanding of micro services architecture.
- Experience with Agile and Lean Methodologies.
- Experience with Monitoring / Logging / Alerting and Event based systems.
- Coding or scripting experience with languages such as Python, Java, GO, or PHP.
- Good communication skills and a desire to work in a team based environment.
- Must be able to speak and write in English.
- Experience with LAMP stack and/or related services (such as NGINX, Redis, Elasticsearch, Varnish, MariaDB)
What we offer?
- Experience with Docker or Linux Container technologies (Mesos, Kubernetes, Rancher, Docker Cloud, AWS ECS)
- Experience with high traffic production websites or services.
- Experience developing and using web services and APIs.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL technologies (such as MariaDB Galera, AWS Aurora, MySQL, Percona, MongoDB, DynamoDB, Redshift, or other)
- Skills in data analysis or data science especially using cloud based technologies.
- Experience with AWS or Azure, CLIs/SDKs
WORKING FOR MAGENTO Working at Magento means becoming part of one of the fastest growing commerce solutions companies on the planet. More than 240,000 merchants rely on us to fuel their growth. A career at Magento puts you on the cutting-edge of the commerce industry and offers many opportunities for advancement. And, as a part of our family of products and services, you’ll also gain valuable exposure to a wealth of commerce knowledge, experience, a global customer and employee base, and world-class resources.We’re always looking for talented people who want to help shape the future of commerce, and who believe in the power of collaboration.
- Work in a lean agile environment within a self-organized team
- The chance to work with motivated international cross functional teams
- A learning organization with a feedback-oriented culture
- Support for training and conference attendance
- Regular social events
- Health & Dental insurance
- Modern office with great amenities
- Several perks including flexible time, snacks, games, and PlayStation, etc.