THE COMPANYTrusted by more than 240,000 businesses worldwide, Magento Commerce is the leading provider of open omnichannel innovation to retailers, brands and branded manufacturers across retail B2C and B2B industries. In addition to its flagship open source eCommerce platform, Magento Commerce boasts a strong portfolio of cloud-based omnichannel solutions empowering merchants to successfully integrate digital and physical shopping experiences. With over $50B in gross merchandise volume transacted on the platform, Magento Commerce is the dominant provider to the Internet Retailer Top 1000, counting more than double the clients to the next closest competitor, and to the Internet Retailer Hot 100. Magento Commerce is supported by a vast global network of solution and technology partners, a highly active global developer community and the largest eCommerce marketplace for extensions available for download on the Magento Marketplace. THE ROLEAt this time, Magento is looking for a Quality Engineer to collaborate and partner closely with project managers, development leads, and product management teams to ensure that software is tested to the highest quality. Responsibilities include:
- Will develop, execute and evaluate software test plans
- Review and analyze technical requirements, gain a thorough understanding of project scope and create a test plan that is aligned with project parameters and goals
- Develop and maintain test plans using approved software methodology guidance
- Execute test plans using various testing methods, levels and objectives
- Document test plan results and report testing activity status to the Test Manager
- Assist with creating documentation such as test management plans, use case, test scenario templates
- Evaluate, troubleshoot and test the software repeatedly in order to detect all errors and bugs and recommend bug fixes
- Perform other duties as deemed relevant, based upon experience
- Review technical documentation and maintain knowledge about software releases
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Two + years of demonstrated experience in software testing and quality assurance (QA) activities (automation experience required)
- Two or more years of demonstrated experience with analyzing requirements, executing and documenting tests and performing automated, tool-driven testing scenarios
- Web application fundamentals
- Good understanding of Object Oriented principles.
- Knowledge with working on Relational Databases (MySQL).
- Experience with Version Control Systems (SVN, GIT).
- Experience in UNIX systems on a user level.
- Must be detail oriented
- Proven ability to take direction, but work independently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to clearly articulate to all project members and stakeholders; must be a team player who works well with technical and non-technical resources
- 2-3 years of experience with PHP and/or Java preferred
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum.
WORKING FOR MAGENTO
We offer a fun, open, social environment with a high degree of autonomy. You must thrive in a fast moving company and adapt to change quickly. If you are an experienced security engineer and willing to push the boundaries of your knowledge and drive your career forward, we want to hear from you soon and Magento will reward you well for your talents!
Learn more about us at www.magento.com.