Business Solutions Architect
Culver City, California
Open to hiring in (CA, NY, NJ, MD, IL or MA)
As the #1 eCommerce platform for the Alexa top one million sites, Magento empowers our clients to focus on engaging their customers and growing their business. Our clients choose Magento so they can build their business with the eCommerce platform that puts them in control. We offer flexible, scalable eCommerce solutions designed to help our clients grow and succeed online. Our cost-effective technology platform makes it possible for our clients to control the content, functionality, and look and feel of their online store. Magento is adding to its offering with unique products in the Retail Order Management (ROM) space and exciting innovations such as the Retail Associate Platform (RAP) and Connected Glass
The Magento Business Solutions Architects are responsible for the development of the business and functional architecture for large, complex and/or strategic implementations or ECG deals. BA’s also are responsible for managing the delivery of these deals.
As these positions increase in scope, the projects becoming larger and/or strategic to the company with greater impact on company success. The positions have increasingly more external visibility; work at higher levels within the client organization, and greater cross-functional impact internally.
• Manages the development of the functional architecture/specification for ECG deals. Also acts as project manager, and manages the delivery of ECG deals. This includes project planning, requirements gathering and testing utilizing Magento methodologies and best practices
• Works as a team member with Magento customers in eCommerce planning to define customer specific business and systems requirements for implementation.
• Owns and is accountable for the business solutions design and architecture behind an implementation
• Tightly aligned with Product Management to ensure feedback from enterprises and sales team are taken into consideration for product strategy and roadmap planning
• Spends most of time interacting with customers and project team to ensure delivery of a well designed, effectively architected business solution
• Guides eCommerce business requirements to Magento native functionality to reduce the need for customizations
• Knowledge transfer of Magento Methodologies to merchants and partners
• Collaborates closely with technical teams throughout the project lifecycle
• Participates in sales cycle as needed
• Support the technical responses to RFPs for selected enterprise prospects
• Support the growth and retention of Enterprise accounts by working with the Enterprise Success team
• Ensures that current Magento merchants are growing their eCommerce business to the fullest potential
• Conduct reviews of customer business requirements, use cases, architecture, and other components of the customer’s environment for the purpose of identifying issues and making recommendations for outcomes that meet customer needs.
• Document findings and recommendations for customer in a written report. Prepare and present recommendations in written and presentation form to customers.
• Influences customer project design to best utilize Magento functionality Required Skills:
- Experience in Linux/UNIX systems on a user level.
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent