Manager, Field Marketing – Americas
As the #1 commerce platform for the Alexa top one million sites, Magento empowers our clients to focus on engaging their customers and growing their business. Our clients choose Magento so they can build their business with the Commerce platform that helps them deliver limitless digital experiences. We offer flexible, scalable eCommerce solutions designed to help our clients grow and succeed online. Our cost-effective technology platform makes it possible for our clients to control the content, functionality, and look and feel of their online store and measure the effectiveness of their digital commerce initiatives.
WHO YOU ARE
Magento is seeking a Manager of Field Marketing. In this role, you will be accountable for the creation and management of new field marketing programs across the region, ranging from middle-of-funnel pipeline acceleration programs to closing engagements and activities. You’ll also directly impact Magento’s success by partnering closely with sales to identify opportunities for acceleration of pipeline and bookings, as well as work closely with partner marketing to establish a scalable process for leveraging Magento’s partner ecosystem in the field. As an emerging leader, you are a creative and critical thinker, an adept communicator, and have the organizational skills to manage a variety of concurrently running projects and programs that will drive the business through thought leadership, sales opportunity generation, and overall sales and marketing. You will execute, manage, and track the success of a variety of field marketing programs including, but not limited to, partner marketing programs, closing events, digital events/activities, sales collateral, and outbound prospecting campaigns. WHAT YOU WILL DO
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Develop and manage field marketing programs to drive opportunity generation and pipeline acceleration including, but not limited to: field marketing programs, joint field marketing events, digital events/activities, sales collateral, and outbound prospecting campaigns.
- Work cross-functionally with the corporate marketing organization to ensure the Magento go-to-market strategy and messaging aligns with field marketing programs.
- Develop strategic outbound campaigns and sales collateral to support integrated global demand generation campaigns.
- Analyze performance of field marketing activities and establish a regular reporting & communications cadence with stakeholders on field marketing efforts.
- Serve as a marketing business partner to the sales organization by gathering sentiments and feedback from the field to communicate back to corporate marketing.
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in field marketing and/or marketing management.
- Proven success in developing and executing regional programs and events that drive deal acceleration and bookings.
- Excellent relationship, partnering, and collaboration skills, and experience working cross-functionally with a sales organization.
- Experience with account based marketing, including working with sales to develop target account lists and account segmentation.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in demand generation best practices, including the methods and tactics to support post-MQL sales and marketing outreach.
- Ability to analyze & interpret metrics around field marketing performance and adjust strategy accordingly.
- Ability to successfully implement new initiatives and projects.
- Proficient using Microsoft Office applications, specifically Excel.
- Knowledge of the ecommerce technology market a plus.
- Experience working with sales CRMs and marketing automation systems, specifically Salesforce and Marketo.
- Ability to work collaboratively across internal and external teams in a decentralized work environment.
- Willingness to travel up to 50%.
WORKING FOR MAGENTO Working at Magento means becoming part of one of the fastest growing commerce solutions companies on the planet. More than 280,000 merchants rely on us to fuel their growth. A career at Magento puts you on the cutting-edge of the commerce industry and offers many opportunities for advancement. And, as a part of our family of products and services, you’ll also gain valuable exposure to a wealth of commerce knowledge, experience, a global customer and employee base, and world-class resources. We’re always looking for talented people who want to help shape the future of commerce, and who believe in the power of collaboration.
- Communicator: You possess strong communication skills and enjoy working with customers.
- Team-Oriented: You are capable of embracing the ideas of others (even if they conflict with your own) for the sake of the company and client.
- Confidentiality: As a member of the Magento team confidentiality, courtesy, discretion and diplomacy are table stakes. Our team thrives on being a trusted advisor our leaders and a trusted resource for our clients. Every member of our team has is expected to act with the utmost integrity and professionalism at all times and to put our customers “in the center of the room”.
- Driven: You are a driven team player, collaborator, and relationship builder whose infectious can-do attitude inspires others and encourages great performance in a fast-moving environment.
- Entrepreneurial: You thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment and you’re excited by the chance to play a large role.
- Relentless Improvement: We are growing our team and building our company. Ideal candidates will be enthusiastic seekers of new ideas for improvement and will be excited to stay current in the practices of other top employers. We want you to bring your thoughts, constantly hatch new thoughts and share recommendations often. We have a high bar and will always look to raise it.
- Passionate: You must be passionate about online collaboration and ensuring our clients are successful; we love seeing hunger and ambition.
- Self-motivated: You can work with a minimum of supervision and be capable of strategically prioritizing multiple tasks in a proactive manner.