Global Manager of Launch Managers Magento THE COMPANY As the #1 commerce platform for the Alexa top one million sites, Magento empowers our clients to focus on engaging their customers and growing their business. Our clients choose Magento so they can build their business with the Commerce platform that helps them deliver limitless digital experiences. We offer flexible, scalable eCommerce solutions designed to help our clients grow and succeed online. Our cost-effective technology platform makes it possible for our clients to control the content, functionality, and look and feel of their online store and measure the effectiveness of their digital commerce initiatives. WHAT YOU WILL DO
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Manage team of Magento Launch Managers
- Inspire commitment and follwership within the technology division through strong leadership, vision, communication, technical insights, and talent development
- Create a high performance culture within the technology organization, emphasizing core management leadership initiatives and developing and executing on current and future people strategies that map to the business goals
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with all levels of internal and external stakeholders.
- Magento product knowledge
- Minimum of 5 years managing a team with direct reports
- Minimum 3 years experience programming with a high level programming language (C, C++, Perl, Fortran, Java, etc)
- Minimum 3 years engineering experience
- Proven track record of delivering high customer satisfaction in complex, rapidly-changing environments with high operational involvement (ideally for a technical mission-critical business application)
- Must have strong operational excellence and experience: Establish and measure to key metrics, case handling and escalation processes, drive root cause analysis and document the post-mortem process, establish employee training and coaching, and new product introduction support roll out. Will be responsible for driving and increasing operational excellence for the business
- Must have experience in dealing with ambiguity and changing priorities in a fast-paced business environment; flexibility to quickly adapt to new challenges
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment; operates independently, while still engaging collaboratively with co-managers, cross-functional teams, staff and other leadership
- Strong ability to manage tactical elements of the day-to-day business while maintaining the corporate values and objectives
- Advanced organizing, analytical, problem solving, negotiation and planning skills - Change Management.
- Experience leading large scale project initiatives with demonstrated implementation success
- Strong leadership skills with previous Lead roles and participating and even leading root cause analysis and post mortems for Support issues.
- Able to work collaboratively with global multi-location teams across time zones, divisions, functions and levels
- Always able to listen, negotiate and compromise to ensure quality and business value
- Ability to cultivate strong working relationships with peers, cross functional teams, and External Vendors
- Strong technical aptitude required, ability to lead technical calls and divert escalations when necessary
- Experience with building Reports and Dashboards in Salesforce.com required.
- Excellent oral and written executive and customer communications skills, including excellent presentation skills; ability to present clear and concise information to team, internal customers, and external customers
- Excellent relationship, partnering, and collaboration skills.
- Ability to successfully implement new initiatives and projects.
- Proficient using Microsoft Office applications, specifically Excel.
- Knowledge of the ecommerce technology market a plus.
- Able to work collaboratively across internal and external teams in a decentralized work environment.
- Willingness to travel up to 25%.
WORKING FOR MAGENTO Working at Magento means becoming part of one of the fastest growing commerce solutions companies on the planet. More than 280,000 merchants rely on us to fuel their growth. A career at Magento puts you on the cutting-edge of the commerce industry and offers many opportunities for advancement. And, as a part of our family of products and services, you’ll also gain valuable exposure to a wealth of commerce knowledge, experience, a global customer and employee base, and world-class resources. We’re always looking for talented people who want to help shape the future of commerce, and who believe in the power of collaboration.
- Communicator: You possess strong communication skills and enjoy working with customers.
- Team-Oriented: You are capable of embracing the ideas of others (even if they conflict with your own) for the sake of the company and client.
- Confidentiality: As a member of the Magento team confidentiality, courtesy, discretion and diplomacy are table stakes. Our team thrives on being a trusted advisor our leaders and a trusted resource for our clients. Every member of our team has is expected to act with the utmost integrity and professionalism at all times and to put our customers “in the center of the room”.
- Driven: You are a driven team player, collaborator, and relationship builder whose infectious can-do attitude inspires others and encourages great performance in a fast-moving environment.
- Entrepreneurial: You thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment and you’re excited by the chance to play a large role.
- Relentless Improvement: We are growing our team and building our company. Ideal candidates will be enthusiastic seekers of new ideas for improvement and will be excited to stay current in the practices of other top employers. We want you to bring your thoughts, constantly hatch new thoughts and share recommendations often. We have a high bar and will always look to raise it.
- Passionate: You must be passionate about online collaboration and ensuring our clients are successful; we love seeing hunger and ambition.
- Self-motivated: You can work with a minimum of supervision and be capable of strategically prioritizing multiple tasks in a proactive manner.