THE COMPANYTrusted by more than 240,000 businesses worldwide, Magento Commerce is the leading provider of open omnichannel innovation to retailers, brands and branded manufacturers across retail B2C and B2B industries. In addition to its flagship open source eCommerce platform, Magento Commerce boasts a strong portfolio of cloud-based omnichannel solutions empowering merchants to successfully integrate digital and physical shopping experiences. With over $50B in gross merchandise volume transacted on the platform, Magento Commerce is the dominant provider to the Internet Retailer Top 1000, counting more than double the clients to the next closest competitor, and to the Internet Retailer Hot 100. Magento Commerce is supported by a vast global network of solution and technology partners, a highly active global developer community and the largest eCommerce marketplace for extensions available for download on the Magento Marketplace.
Job DescriptionThis will be the inaugural member of a new Frontend team that will help other teams modernize their web frontend technology, Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Rotate through other teams’ development cycles, introduce new tools, and help them optimize and refactor their code for better user experience, better developer experience and faster feature development times.
- Act as an evangelist and advocate, bearing the risks of early technology adoption and passing on the winners to the rest of the organization.
- Scrum with other teams and propagate framework-agnostic components as an admin-side (client-rendered) UI solution.
WORKING FOR MAGENTO Working at Magento means becoming part of one of the fastest growing commerce solutions companies on the planet. More than 240,000 merchants rely on us to fuel their growth. A career at Magento puts you on the cutting-edge of the commerce industry and offers many opportunities for advancement. And, as a part of our family of products and services, you’ll also gain valuable exposure to a wealth of commerce knowledge, experience, a global customer and employee base, and world-class resources.We’re always looking for talented people who want to help shape the future of commerce, and who believe in the power of collaboration.
- Strong Frontend development knowledge and confidence with the following areas:
- Transpilation, bundling and minification
- Dependency Management
- Declarative Views
- Stateless functional components
- Multiple techniques for Asynchronous programming
- Strong communication and teamwork skills