As the #1 eCommerce platform for the Alexa top one million sites, Magento empowers our clients to focus on engaging their customers and growing their business. Our clients choose Magento so they can build their business with the eCommerce platform that puts them in control. We offer flexible, scalable eCommerce solutions designed to help our clients grow and succeed online. Our cost-effective technology platform makes it possible for our clients to control the content, functionality, and look and feel of their online store. The Practice Leader, Magento University has the ultimate responsibility for transforming the current training operation into a profitable, innovative training and certification business. The Practice Leader will provide training strategy, innovation and leadership. He/she will develop senior level client/prospect relationships and will be regarded by the client/partner/internal direct sales leaders as an expert and trusted advisor. Additionally, the Practice Leader cultivates strong and productive relationships with the services leadership to ensure profitable and executable contracts. This role will report directly to the Vice President, Professional Services.
- Oversee the development of detailed proposals and profitable statements of work with the support of core team members.
- Transform the training function and team to be a competitive differentiator inside and outside Magento.
- Provide leadership, support and guidance to all members of the global services team.
- Establish trusted advisor status with key internal and external executives at partners/prospects/internal sales team.
- Provide thought leadership and vision for the client as they seek to transform their business using the latest technologies.
- Lead and grow the current 5 person training team.
- Formalized executive management relationship training or strategic account selling training.
- Demonstrated skills in managing fiduciary relationships, including pricing, margins, discounting, cost factors, etc.
- Broad knowledge of program, project and knowledge management processes and tools.
- In-depth experience in translating account needs into a strategic implementation plan.
- Demonstrated skills in negotiation and leadership.
- Demonstrated excellence in written and oral communications, including presentations to senior management.
- Must possess a comprehensive and detailed knowledge of issues within the Internet economy, which may include third-party solution providers and competitors.
- Demonstrated excellence in interpersonal skills, especially in situations involving consensus and team building with strong problem solving skills related to program and account management.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Demonstrated ability to work comfortably with senior and peer management.
- Experience managing development of e-learning programs including authoring, publishing and maintaining custom courses as applicable to training
- Extensive experience with development, delivery and oversight of certification programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, or equivalent field of study. MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years building and leading software training and certification businesses – preferably for a software manufacturer.
- Deep expertise in on-line, on-demand technologies and cutting edge training methods.
- Understand deal construction for large-scale engagements (major software consulting practice or Big 4 preferred).
- In-depth knowledge of client industry and/or business.
- Executive relationship management skills.
- Exceptional organizational, communications and interpersonal skills.