Trusted by more than 240,000 businesses worldwide, Magento Commerce is the leading provider of open omnichannel innovation to retailers, brands and branded manufacturers across retail B2C and B2B industries. In addition to its flagship open source eCommerce platform, Magento Commerce boasts a strong portfolio of cloud-based omnichannel solutions empowering merchants to successfully integrate digital and physical shopping experiences. With over $50B in gross merchandise volume transacted on the platform, Magento Commerce is the dominant provider to the Internet Retailer Top 1000, counting more than double the clients to the next closest competitor, and to the Internet Retailer Hot 100. Magento Commerce is supported by a vast global network of solution and technology partners, a highly active global developer community and the largest eCommerce marketplace for extensions available for download on the Magento Marketplace.
The installation and setup team – responsible for every customer’s initial Magento experience – is looking for a talented, motivated, and seasoned senior-level software engineer to become an integral part of our small team. Our ideal candidate will be experienced enough to have opinions but open to new ideas and alternate well-reasoned viewpoints. We’re looking for a team player who values execution and is willing to mentor (and be mentored by) their peers. We offer a fun, open, casual, and social environment with a high degree of autonomy. You must be willing to own your commitments, thrive in a fast moving company, and adapt to change quickly. Expect to make a valued and meaningful contributionquickly. Requirements:
Would be a plus:
- Happy to work with PHP – we love PHP and use the best parts of the language.
- Able to identify and follow generally accepted object-oriented design principles.
- Able to identify and communicate using common design patterns.
- Able to distinguish between and implement unit, functional, and acceptance tests (experience with PHPUnit, Codeception, Behat, Selenium, webdriver, etc.).
- Able to select and create efficient algorithms and data structures based on sound computer science principles and modern software engineering techniques (this probably requires a CS degree to learn).
- Able to define SQL schemas with foreign key constraints, write select and update queries with complex table joins, and implement triggers and transactions.
- Able to manage source code using a distributed version control system (e.g. Git, Hg, etc.).
- Able to work comfortably in a Linux development and deployment environment.
- Practical experience of Scrum, Kanban or any other agile framework.
WORKING FOR MAGENTO
- Experience with PHP 7.
- Knowledge of the Magento product.
- Knowledge of the Atlassian suite (Jira, Bamboo, Confluence, etc.).
- Knowledge of Domain-Driven Design, REST, and/or event-driven architectures.
- Basic server administration and provisioning (Vagrant, VirtualBox, Docker, etc.).
Working at Magento means becoming part of one of the fastest growing commerce solutions companies on the planet. More than 240,000 merchants rely on us to fuel their growth.
A career at Magento puts you on the cutting-edge of the commerce industry and offers many opportunities for advancement. And, as a part of our family of products and services, you’ll also gain valuable exposure to a wealth of commerce knowledge, experience, a global customer and employee base, and world-class resources.
We’re always looking for talented people who want to help shape the future of commerce, and who believe in the power of collaboration.